With a 60+ year heritage in wool flooring, the Cavalier Bremworth brand has always been synonymous with the finest quality, style and new product innovation.
- In 1959 Doug Bremner founded Bremworth Carpet Company setting up a small factory in Papatoetoe, South Auckland. This is still today home to Cavalier Bremworth's head office & tufting operations.
- By 1964, Bremworth became the world's first carpet company to use the official Woolmark seal of quality.
- In late 1964, Doug Bremner hired Grant Biel. Grant was brought in straight out of Aeronautical/Engineering School to make sense of newly imported tufting equipment and to get things running. Grant then stayed on as Plant Manager.
- Cavalier Carpets was founded by Tony Timpson and Grant Biel, with a small factory in Wiri, South Auckland.
- Cavalier established their own spinning plant in Whanganui, Castlecliff Spinners, securing great quality yarn to help increase carpet production.
- Sir Robert Muldoon opened the new Auckland factory at Kerrs Road, Manukau in March 1983.
- Cavalier Carpets listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange as Cavalier Corporation in December 1983.
- Highly successful Stain Remover product launches in 1985.
- Cavalier's spinning plant at Awatoto, Napier, was originally built by NZ Combing Company (under major NZ company UEB Industries) initially making semi-worsted yarn only.
In 1988, Cavalier Carpets bought the highly valued Bremworth name and distribution rights as well as their spinning and tufting plants, from the receivers of UEB Industries.
- Cavalier Carpets and Bremworth Carpet Company combined the equity of both brands to re-launch as Cavalier Bremworth in 1991.
- Cavalier Bremworth launched its first textured carpet, Sisalaine.
Knightsbridge Carpets (New Zealand) and Kimberley Carpets (Australia) were launched in 1996 to target the mid to lower end of the residential market.
- Cavalier Bremworth was the first to gain an internationally recognised eco-label across the entire wool carpet range.
- The turn of the century saw the launch of the highly successful Bremworth Collection designer range of carpets.
Awarded Environmental Choice NZ accreditation, shortly followed by the equivalent certification in Australia from Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA). Today, our carpets carry an independent environmental grading from the Australian Carpet Classification Scheme - ACCS ECS.
- Habitat Collection, a range of synthetic carpets, launched to meet increasing consumer demands.
- Flashbac, the world's first carpet backing made entirely using recycled wool carpet launched.
After many year of crafting the perfect carpets, Cavalier Bremworth diversified to sell rugs custom-sized to order through our website and delivered direct to customers' doors.
Cavalier Bremworth is voted NZ's Most Trusted Brand in the carpet category of the annual Readers' Digest poll for seven years running (2014 - 2020).
In July 2020 Cavalier Bremworth made a historic announcement to transform into an all wool and natural fibres business. As a believer in natural fibres we are beginning a journey to create a better place in our world.